The Director, Data demands an analytical, detail-oriented self-starter who possesses strong data sense, project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with confidence and maturity. This person must possess an understanding of latest trends in data management, processing and visualization. As the data lead, you will be solving exciting problems and providing insights on mobile gaming behavior, driving engagement using rewards & virtual currencies and a diverse set of revenue models including subscription. You will be working with world-class analytics platforms and reporting systems to demonstrably make an impact on product. You must have experience in building enterprise class data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, handling large volumes of data, analyzing trends, and making recommendations to all functions of the business to drive revenue and growth.
PlayPhone is a hot, profitable startup that powers mobile game stores for carriers reaching 1 billion users globally. Some of the world's largest carriers including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Claro, VIVO, and Singtel rely on the PlayPhone platform for their Game Store. Its mobile social gaming network enables game developers (including Glu, TinyCo, DoubleDown Interactive, Jumpstart; King, Supercell on Singtel's WePlay; EA on Verizon Games) to distribute their games globally and monetize through frictionless, direct carrier billing. With a small, focused engineering team supported by the rest of the product teams, ideas go from concept to production in days and weeks, not months and quarters. We deal with end user products, big data challenges, mobile billing, and a world of analytics crunching - all creating a really exciting and fast paced environment.
Day to Day
- Develop and maintain company-wide data analytics systems and processes that allow product owners to optimize revenue and retention
- Lead, mentor and develop team members in best practices in building world-class business intelligence solution
- Conduct campaign analyses of ongoing marketing promotions to optimize for cost of user acquisition
- Lead and manage the forecasting, modeling, retention, and LTV analysis for recurring subscription billing business
- Analyze product and business performance on key dimensions for revenue, retention, and engagement
- Meet regularly with product teams, executive management, and key stakeholders to present analysis and actionable recommendations for product optimization and/or innovation
- Provide regular, timely reporting and performance monitoring to Executive Team, Finance, and other key business stakeholders
- Develop, test and deploy models for a recommendation engine
- 7+ years experience in data analytics, data modeling, and data management practices.
- 3+ years of experience working as a consultant with business stakeholders including finance, marketing, and partner organizations.
- Experience with big data is a big plus.
- Ability to manage large data sets and familiarity with latest trends in Big Data â€“ data management, data storage and data visualization
- Excellent communication skills including solid verbal, written and listening skill.
- Thorough understanding of mobile game analytics and recurring subscription billing models.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse and track record of analyzing large amounts of raw data, defining problems and then recommending actions; not just reporting.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Stats functions, What Ifs, Custom Functions), VBA, MySQL, and other statistical or BI tools. Proficiency in PHP a plus.
- Proven ability to conceive and test hypotheses based on inconclusive or incomplete data from unstructured data and creating structures that lend themselves to analysis.
- Background in statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions, including multivariate regression, correlation models, and analysis of variance is a plus.
- Proven skills in working cross-functionally across all areas in a company.
Bachelor's Degree required (Math/Stats, Economics, Computer Science), Masters preferred